Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back on Track

The kids went back to school today!!! I am so glad. They have been off-track since December 23rd. I can't say we accomplished a lot while they were off, but we are definitely rested and ready to reenter a more structured schedule. I enjoy my kids so much more when we spend some time away from each other. The picture above is of Leo and Eddie at Discovery Gateway. They think they are so tough. What you can't see is that they are only about a foot and a half off of the ground.

This is Ginger playing with balls at Discovery Gateway. She loves that place. It's fun to watch her collect a bucket of balls and then try to keep other kids from taking them away.

This is Hannah and Eddie playing an awesome xylophone at Discovery Gateway. Eddie is wearing a hat that I made for him. He wore this hat all day, for many days.

We went to the Draper Temple open house one day. The kids seemed to really like it. I was amazed at how much work was obviously put into the whole thing. There were a lot of volunteers, a short film, pamphlets, buses to shuttle everyone to the temple site, . . . . cookies afterward. Probably the most surprising thing was that the church next door to the temple had transformed their gym with furniture, decorations, live harp and piano music, artwork, etc. This is where they served cookies and answered questions for anyone who had them. It was a nice way to spend one of our off-track days.

4 comments:

Jeny said...

You are ambitious! Wow....I do like your blog....my would get too outdated!

Jeny said...

I meant "mine" would! :)

Rebecca Neville said...

I didn't know you could make HATS! Did you knit or crochet?

Dani said...

I didn't knit or crochet. I used a loom thingie that I bought for Hannah. It is super easy and kinda fun.