Friday, February 6, 2009
Kiss the Girl
Hannah played in her piano recital tonight. She played "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid. Last year I was taking lessons too and was a nervous wreck as I waited for my turn to stumble through my recital piece. It doesn't matter how much I practice---I still make a ton of mistakes when I play the piano. I was so relieved to be a proud mom tonight and not a nauseous student. Hannah did a really good job---but had one slight problem. I had photocopied all of the pages of her piece and taped them together so she wouldn't have to deal with turning pages. This worked fine at home, but the pages didn't fit across the piano that she was using at the recital. The first page and the last page were kinda curled back around the edges of the piano and Hannah had to lean dramatically to the side in order to see the notes. I wish I had a picture. All I can say is that it took Marcus and I some serious restraint not to start busting up as we watched her playing at a 45 degree angle. My daughter rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment