Last week we got an interesting surprise. It was after dinner and we were busy doing chores with the kids when we had a surprise visit from Carol (Marcus's mom). She came on the premise of seeing Leo's perfect spelling test that has been hanging on our refrigerator for a month and a half. As soon as she looked over this infamous spelling test, Carol says, "Marky, you need to come outside with me. I have a surprise for you that you will love, BUT Dani's going to hate it." Well at that point, neither Marcus or I have any idea what could be out there. A basket full of kittens, 10 gallons of mayonnaise, a pony. Really, if you know Carol, you know it could be ANYTHING. Well, she surprised Marcus with a . . . . . . drum set. It seems that Carol felt really bad when Marcus didn't make the Mustang Band in junior high (his junior high band) and she bought him a drum set so he could practice. I guess it is never too late?
This made me think. When Marcus was 12 he broke his arm right before his first 50 mile hike. He was so disappointed. The ward never went again and he completely missed the opportunity. Carol, do you think you could work something out for him?
We love Carol. She was right-----I'm not going to like having a drum set in our already LOUD home, but I do think she is sweet to buy it for Marky. He went out and bought drumsticks the next day and has banged on them many times since. You're a good mom, Carol, and you definitely make life interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment