Sunday, December 28, 2008

Leo Broderick

It is amazing that we got three pictures of Leo, without him doing a Kung Fu Panda stance. Just take a look in his eyes for a minute and know that behind these cute expressions he is trying to figure out how he can make Aunt Becky click the camera when he goes back into his Kung Fu moves. This kid is a handful. Leo is a great kid, but he is a handful!!!

Leo is 6 1/2 and in the first grade. He is a very young first grader and has struggled a bit, but he has made a lot of progress in the past year. We receive several notes from Leo's teacher that let us know specific things that he needs to improve on. I volunteer in Leo's class once a week and I can see that he can be frustrating for his teacher, but I can also tell that she loves him and thinks he is an incredibly cute kid. I think that anyone who has spent any time with Leo probably feels the same. Leo plays soccer and wants his mom to "finally" put him in swimming lessons.
Leo's Top Ten Favorites (as of today)
  1. Race cars (He wants to be a race car driver when he grows up).
  2. McDonald's (not the food, just the Happy Meal Toy).
  3. Soccer (I'm his coach this year).
  4. Sammy, Anna, and Audrey.
  5. Grandma.
  6. Hamburgers and French Fries.
  7. Speed Racer.
  8. Christmas.
  9. Getting a good score on a spelling test.
  10. Pajama Day (These occur frequently in our house. My kids used to make fun of the fact that I often wear pajamas all day long, now they have joined me).

No comments: