Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hannah Turns Twelve

No birthday of my own will ever make me feel older than realizing how old my kids are getting. Hannah turned 12 this week. She is ecstatic . . . I am exhausted. How is it possible that my child is old enough to wear makeup, go to girls camp (without me), and is soon to be starting middle school??? Have that many years gone by? It seems like only yesterday I was the one who was excited about turning 12.

I took Hannah for a twelve year old makeover so she could learn how to wear makeup tastefully. (I wore blue eyeshadow, globby black mascara, and frosty pink lipstick at that age. Ya, it was bad--I won't go into detail about my share of ozone layer depletion via Aqua Net usage.) I tried to coach Hannah in proper before and after shot modeling. I think she did a good job.


Before

After

Hannah also had a murder mystery birthday party . . . with BOYS!!! I'm sure you believe me when I say, "I watched them like a hawk." I'm lucky and relieved that they are all good kids, but I tell you I got a little nervous when they started playing "Murder in the Dark" and "I've never . . . " I think I've officially decided that there will be no parties after the age of 12 in my house. I don't think I can handle it.

Hannah was Sherlock Holmes in the murder mystery

These pictures are kinda dark, it made it more mysterious.

Dear Hannah, I am proud of the young woman you are becoming. I brag about you to all my friends and honestly don't think I could be any more blessed as a mother. You are kind, confident, intellegent, thoughtful, hard working, and silly. I love ya and I like ya too. Have the best 12th year imaginable. ♥-Mom

2 comments:

Brin said...

I love the before and after shots. Hannah's got so much personality!

Julie W said...

AWESOME!! Ashley is soooo ready for YW, but has to wait for her November birthday. I let Andrew have a combined friend birthday party with Anthony who was also turning 15, but we had it during the day, 1:00-5:00, so it didn't stress me out too much that there were boys AND girls here.