Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thank Goodness!

About an hour ago I went downstairs and found Leo on the floor writing in his journal. He was in the dark and it was long past bedtime. Tomorrow is his last day of school. This is what he wrote.
He read it to me. I cried. It says, "I love you teacher. You are my bride. You are cool and I wish that I could be your student again. Love, Leo." He was so serious, sleepless, and near tears. I am so grateful that he had a teacher who went above and beyond for him every day---a teacher who found humor instead of frustration when dealing with my son. My heart is full of gratitude for Ms. Pearson. Thank goodness for good teachers. We need more of them.

1 comment:

fivecutekids said...

Ms. Pearson was our FAVORITE and you are right we need more amazingly-patient teachers like her.